Friday, April 11, 2008

Taking Responsibility

Friday, April 12, 2008




Probably the most awesome animals in the world are service dogs. I guess there are service cats but I would wonder what they do. Anyway, the dogs function in so many roles and provide so much stability to their owners as well as enable them to do things that their particular situations would not otherwise allow them to do.
I look at Sylvia often and wonder why she doesn't have a job besides being my companion and always making me smile. Baby steps. Today she took the responsibility for carrying her own bags on our walks. I found a neat little container that has a roll of 30 bags in it that hooks right to her leash. She found it quite annoying at first but got used to it and has become the responsible canine that I always knew she was. Baby steps. Thanks, Rich, for a great idea.
Happy birthday a day early, Kathie. Will talk to you tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That poor dog. Think of if you had to carry something around your neck on a collar...