Sunday, June 8, 2008

One more week

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Can't wait. Am so excited. It is going to be nice. I keep looking at the weather and I'm not sure why because there is nothing I can do about it. Sort of like death and taxes. The end of last week they were predicting thunderstorms for five days in a row the weekend of the wedding. Then all of a sudden-like a miracle-there wasn't a drop of rain in sight all the way out as far as they were predicting. Then this morning "possibility of thunderstorms-20%" popped up for Saturday only. Like I said, I don't know why I keep looking at it.

Yesterday Liz and I went to Madison Square Park after meeting up with the wedding party for a "rehearsal dinner". Madison Square Park is where the old Madison Square Garden used to me, so Nick informed me yesterday. Anyway, they were holding the New York City Barbecue Fest there this weekend. Nick and Janet had gone last year, had a great time and a lot of people expressed an interest in going this year so there we were.

The papers Friday were predicting 1,000,000 people and I expect that those expectations were met. It was street to street people and then some. Amazing how many people can fit into an area. There were tables and tables and tents and tents of food-all barbecue fare. I had my first pulled pork sandwich ever and it was delicious. Also had some good ribs and some great coleslaw. There was a beer tent, a dessert area.
The down side of it was that it was something like 97 degrees in the shade and the humidity was very, very high. I heard the "real feel" was 104 degrees. I do believe it. Again, something no one could do anything about anyway.

It was nice to see the guys whom I haven't seen in a while and it was very nice to meet Janet's bridesmaids. We are all going to be looking a little different the next time we see each other. Hopefully the buckets of sweat won't be pouring off of us.
Let's see---how do you spell STRESS? All you have to do is look at Nick's face.
More flowers that won't be blooming for the wedding. Probably what Nick is stressed about.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a) It's the Big Apple BBQ Festival
b) The flowers are what I'm stressed about
c) That's a horrible picture of me.