Tuesday, March 10, 2009

At last

March 10, 2009

I don't hate winter. Arguably, I don't live in a place where we have terrible winters. I am retired so the pressure of getting to work, mandating nurses to stay at work for 24 hours, trying to figure out what to do after that, is all gone. I have found Vinnie, the snow man, who will shovel all that I need shoveled for a reasonable cost. And I really don't have to go anywhere that I can't change to another time. So what is to hate about winter? Sometimes the brown, gray, drabby landscape gets depressing. That's about it.
But today--today I was very excited to get out in the yard and get a jump start to yard work.


Daffodils, garlic, chrysanthemums and hyacinths have all broken through!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's my garlic?!?!?

mcmary said...

Oh, dear. I didn't take a picture of it. It is in the front and the back yard both. I will get a picture when I get back home.