Saturday, January 12, 2008

Not Much Going On


Saturday January 12, 2008


Someone asked me at 8A this morning what I was going to do with my day. I didn't have an answer and that has bothered me all day. It hasn't been a wasted day, have gotten a lot of "stuff" done but somehow that falls short of what I think I should be doing. But then, really, does everyone do something momentous every day? Probably not. I think when you are working full time you have so much going on that you have to pay very close attention to how you schedule your time-work time as well as off time. Then all of a sudden you are not working and it is a different life completely. You have to figure out things like when to take your shower now. You don't want to take it in the morning if you are going to the gym or to walk the dog or are going to be cleaning the basement that day. You don't want to take it at night because why would you spend that time blow drying your hair only to sleep on it? Ah, the issues of retirement.
Finally finished the books-Chris Matthews and the one about the shipwrecks on the Great Lakes. I kept asking myself why I was reading Chris Matthews because it actually never moved beyond fluff, things we all know and we have all known for years. The Great Lakes book was pretty fascinating. Will write more tidbits about that tomorrow.
Knitting is coming along fine. Second sleeve of first sweater. The twins birthday is a month and a half away. That wasn't my plan but it looks like they may be getting sweaters for their birthday.
I made reservations today to fly to Michigan. It is the first time I have been there since my Mom passed away that the trip wasn't Mom related. Everything about it is weird. I have spent years flying into the Saginaw airport and Dad and Mom and then Mom and then my cousin have been picking me there. This time I am flying into Detroit and renting a car and driving to my sister's home and staying there for a week. It is most unusual to not be thinking about what days I will spend with Mom while I am there. All very strange and, yes, sad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your blog . . . never realized you enjoy politics so much . . . I'm waiting for the 1/13/08 entry to be titled: The Surprise!