Thursday, January 3, 2008

Rules I've Lived By


Now these are important.


Rule #1. Only knit or crochet or cross-stitch one project at a time. Unless it is for twins. I sewed the shoulder seams and finished the neckline on one yesterday. It is fun to do it the first time but then I want to do something different. That is the fatal flaw. If I "do something different" it will be forever before I return to do the second one.

Rule #2. Only read one book at a time. I am already breaking that one as I am still giving Chris Matthews a chance and still reading about the shipwrecks on the Great Lakes. Interesting fact. On the open seas, the oceans or what they refer to in the book as "salt waters", any diver can claim anything he finds for himself apparently. On the "fresh waters", whoever owns what goes down continues to own it. If an insurance company pays the owner for the loss, then the insurance company owns the object. Divers cannot remove anything from the bottom of the lakes without the owners' permission.


Rules are made to be broken. Even twice. Liz brought home this book from work last night that someone loaned to her for me to read. "Good Dog. Stay" by Anna Quindlen. She is one of my favorite writers and this is really an excellent book. Not earth shattering but really a wonderful read. It is about her family putting down Beau, the black lab they had for 15 years. It is all too familiar. 80 pages. Lots of pictures of dogs. A very quick read.

No comments: