Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Photos

Wednesday, March 5, 2009

Pictures, pictures everywhere. Last November I was pretty determined to finally, once and for all, get all of my pictures organized. I piled them all in the spare bedroom, thinking that if they were all in one place this would go easier. I have made almost no dent in that pile although there was always a small pile sitting on my kitchen table for me to go through when I had nothing else to do. That pile has now moved to the work table in my dining room and it is still the same size.
Slides, movies, photos of every kind you can imagine.

But, and a huge but this is, I have finally organized, labeled and dated all of the photos in my computer. There are 2092 photos. I probably deleted that many or more. Now I will just download my camera every month and sort through them, label them and be done with it. Sounds like a plan. Let's see how long it lasts.

I do wonder what will happen to all of this, why I find it so important to have them dated and labeled. I don't think I have ever sat down and just looked at them although I love being able to show them to people who are interested. But what happens to them when I'm gone? I guess one of the kids will save them for a while but then what? It probably is really all about our own mortality questions.

Strange. The only blog without a picture in it is the blog about photos.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll end up indexing all of the photos...