Saturday, April 4, 2009

Back Again


April 4, 2009


Back from Michigan and ready to get my life, my finances, my house, my yard, my everything all cleaned out and organized. While I was gone Nick wiped my computer clean and reinstalled the OS. Now I am going to go through every file and picture and delete, clean up, do whatever has to be done. It is way past time.



We had a great, great night last night. We were fortunate enough to get great seats and be at the first baseball game played in the new Yankee Stadium. We remember leaving the old stadium last fall, all sad, nothing could replace it, so sad. Last night? What old stadium? What a beautiful place. It was so spacious going in it felt like walking through an airport. The interesting part was that the field is so very much like the old one that you feel the same watching the game. Well, except for the nice padded seats with significantly more room all around you. Well, I guess the prices also remind you of where you are. But there is such a big food selection. Fresh fruit stands! Sushi! EEEEEW! There is also a pretty fine dining restaurant that you see as you walk along the concourse. We really haven't explored it much yet.

We took time to go over and look at our seats for the season. Sweet. Never in the sun. Never ever in the rain. Very sweet. Nice and padded also. Field level, have to show your ticket to get into the section. No vendors hawking food. You place an order from the menu and the runner is there in about five minutes with your food. But the sweetest part is that we can just get out of our seats and walk right behind our section and get our own food also.

Now we just have to figure out what tickets we are going to sell and what games we want to see.

As always, the very best part of the experience was being there with Nick and Liz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Being with you two was the best part of the night, but admittedly, the food is definitely a step above the old incarnation.

I look forward to trying it when I can eat meat!