Sunday, November 23, 2008

Knitting

Sunday, Nov 23, 2008

It seems so cold out so early this year. Maybe it is not but it seems like I have been out working in the yard much longer than this in the fall. I still have a lot to do so I guess I am just going to have to brave it and go out there one of these days.




The book is coming along OK. It continues to be very sad to read about this tortured family. Besides being victims of so many tragedies, the family dynamics are really sad all the way around.
We are getting ready for our big Thanksgiving bash next Saturday. The 16th year. Amazing. By this time I am usually vowing it will be the last as the stress piles up. I feel numb to it this year and that worries me just as much. I am organized, have a lot of the groceries, etc. but just seem pretty calm about all of it. I think a lot of that is because Maria is coming to clean the house on Tuesday. That was always so time consuming.



There are three bags of yarn sitting in the living room-three ongoing projects. #1 is my life sweater. It doesn't look like much of a project at the moment but it is always very much in my mind. #2 is for Christmas and #3 is Asa's sweater which is on hold until the Christmas project is done. So I would guess that the life sweater is also on hold until the Christmas project and Asa's sweater is done. I have to admit that I got my first issue of a knitting magazine this week and it has a sweater in it that would also look great out of the life sweater yarn. Oh, no.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Numb, or calm? There is a difference. There is nothing to worry about if you are completely prepared.