Saturday, July 4, 2009






July 4, 2009




What a beautiful day! The weather was perfect and there were so many reminders of what a wonderful thing it is to be an American. Tonight there was a knock on my door and one of the neighbors invited me over for a barbecue. Another one of our neighbors joined us and we ate skirt steaks, broccoli and potato salad. Drank a lot of wine and had cake for desert. It was one of those evenings that just happened. Then about 9PM we started seeing fireworks going off all around us in the sky. It was amazing. I have never seen that many serious fireworks going off right here in the neighborhood.









Still a good book but I am only about half way through it. Have too many other things going on to read much.
I have wanted to knit or crochet a shawl for quite a while and I finally found a very pretty pattern and someone to make it for. I am thrilled so I bought yarn yesterday and started it today. It is going to be sooo pretty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great time for 7/4. Mine was pretty good as well, but I'm still recovering haha.