Friday, August 7, 2009

Can't see the forest for the trees.......


Friday, August 7, 2009


I have been whiny about how the yard is summer ho-hum, not much new, just hanging in there. Yesterday I was weeding and my neighbor told me that some people had been taking a lot of pictures of the yard because it just looks so beautiful. So I stepped back and, sure enough, it really did look nice. The phlox are spreading everywhere and some of them are almost as tall as I am. And the dinner plate dahlia is exquisite.





So they were in North Korea illegally? Really? So we spent all that time and money to bring them back after they actually were where they weren't supposed to be? Really? Isn't that special now? Is a thanks enough? Really?

Yesterday it was off to the laundromat for about the third time in my entire life. I remember when we were looking for apartments or a house to live in my only requirement was that I could have a washer and dryer. Yesterday I took two very full baskets of clean but wet (and very heavy) clothes to the laundromat and actually used the wash-dry-fold service. You can't pick and choose what part of that service you want, have to pay for all three no matter what you have them do. When I went back to pick up the clothes I was so so impressed with how neatly they were folded. Felt like I was looking at clothes on the shelves in a nice clothes store. I couldn't bring myself to take them out of the basket. So I separated mine from Liz's this morning but they are all still folded so nicely. Do I really want to hang them up now? Now if I could find someone to take them to the laundromat and pick them up, that is a total luxury.


I was at Yankee Stadium for the first time in over a month last night and it felt good. Mostly it felt good to be with the kids but it didn't hurt that the boys did me real proud.



































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Regarding the North Korea situation, the issue is that North Korean soldiers at the border have a habit of going across it into China and arresting people on the ground that they are in North Korea illegally, which is what some people claim happened.