Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Stuff"


Thursday, August 6, 2009

I just entered my 189th book on my "life List" since I have retired. That is very close to one book/week. Retirement is sweet.
I have been very, very involved in putting together a dog walk with the shelter. We are waiting for our website to go live in the next couple of days and then we will feel like we are officially launched. It has been a complex project to get this going which I naively volunteered to do a couple of months ago. So I just took a breath and plunged in one step at a time. Very complex. The most difficult part was all of the "suggestions" by the people who just did not know what they were talking about or how the process goes. But, then, that is always the case. So so stressful.
Tonight is my first Yankees' game in over a month. The dreaded Red Sox are in town. My boys haven't beaten them once this season so it is way past time. They are on a roll and Boston is kind of floundering so we'll see.
The yard is sort of on its summer hiatus, really only requiring weeding, actually more weeding than I want to do. The dahlias are the only new and fresh blooms on a regular basis. The few annuals are now pretty boring. Tomatoes did not do well again this year and I don't have a lot of hope that they will catch up if the rain lets up a little.
On my way to the laundromat to pick up my dried, folded clothes. Laundromat? Tomorrow the serviceman comes to see if he can fix my million year old clothes dryer. Still wants to tumble and do all that it should but has no heat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That dryer is only having problems now? I say you have gotten your money's worth.