Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ah, the lamp story

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sure enough, I found a new touch lamp on eBay, exactly the one I wanted, and ordered and it was delivered and everything is wonderful about it. Except, the one that was coming on repeatedly at 5A stopped doing it. So the new one is sitting in a box in the basement, waiting for the present one to start acting foolishly again. I don't have the box for the present one or I would put that one away as I much prefer the white one. However .........I woke up this morning and what? is that sunshine? my room is yellow? Ha! The light was on. The first time in a very long time. I didn't even bother to turn it off, just went back to sleep. But I have been trying to find a place to put it in some other room all day and still haven't come up with a place for it. It was easier when every room in the house was white.








Book #2 of the Twilight Series. Excellent read. I have the next one but I am waiting to read it. Sort of want to savor the experience.





Besides, I am reading our chat book now. It seems like I have read more about World War II in the last year than ever in my life. I still have to ask.....how did the rest of the world sit back and let it happen? It is impossible for me to believe that they didn't know it was going on. I probably never will understand it.
The daughter of one of my neighbors across the street stopped at the house today. Her mother has mild dementia secondary to Alzheimers but still lives alone in her house. Today when her daughter got there she was quite beside herself as her money is gone. They cannot find it anywhere in the house. The mother remembers that a man she knows stopped at the house last night, took her out to dinner, took all of her money and then brought her back home. Possible? Probably. Likely? Probably not. Real in the mother's mind? Absolutely. So very sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very sad indeed.

Why not just use the new lamp? That's what you bought it for anyways.