Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Red truck

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The story goes that when I was about five or six years old and my friend was a year older, his teacher asked his class to bring their favorite Christmas present to school to show the rest of the class. On the way home from school, as the story goes, I went up to him and asked him where he got that dumb red truck from and pushed it out of his hands onto the ground. Now, I have heard this story about four or five times in the last year and a half so I am thinking it had quite a traumatic effect on the now almost 65 year old man. But, what I am really thinking is that, surely, he is not quite clear on this story this many years later and that he has most certainly gotten me mixed up with my younger sister.

Anyway, I found this old red truck on eBay and am going to clean it up and try to make amends for my family the next time I see him.



The Christmas tree is history for last year now. It always seems like such a big project to put it up---but it really isn't. It always seems like such a big project to take it down---but it really isn't. It is always fun to look at all the ornaments and remember where/whom they came from---all filled with so many memories. This year my brand new daughter-in-law gave me a "photo family tree" for Christmas and she had printed a little piece of paper that said "Family" on it. I put it on cardboard, covered it with heavy clear tape and it is the ornament we have added to the tree this year....to recognize that we have expanded by one. I have a picture of it but it is in RAW format by mistake and the ornament is already in a box upstairs.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's not putting up the tree that is difficult, it's the decorating that is.